Friday 1 January 2016

So .. hi



So I've decided to start a blog.

I've been using Tableau for a little over four years and I feel like there are quite a few bits and pieces that I've discovered over the distance that would help beginners and enthusiasts alike... and I would be quite happy to hear from others who may know different and/or better ways to achieve the same outcomes for ideas that I have.


I currently work for the National Broadband Network in Australia where I provide support to our end-user Tableau developer community, consult on dedicated project work and conduct in-person and online presentations.


Using Tableau offers me a perfectly-suited opportunity to capitalise on the range of skills I have attained over my two decades in various IT-based roles and in educational pursuits. In particular, it allows me to take on visual design tasks, process and manipulate data, do a bit of programming and explore Web design and development activities.  


I hope the techniques, ideas and commentary I'll present will help someone to get their work done faster or reveal something new to someone out there.


TFB


2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul - welcome to the Tableau blogosphere! I look forward to your contributions. I'm sure you have a world of practical experiences as fodder for your posts.

    Cheers, Alan

    ReplyDelete