Monday 20 January 2020

Reclaim Your Space

Although hard disks are cheaper per gigabyte than they’ve ever been, many business machines come out with surprisingly low capacity disk drives.

However, when I received the dreaded “Low space on drive C” message after operating a new computer for just a couple of hours, I thought this needed further investigation.

I ran a scan over the files and directories in my local disk and found that the Logs directory in Documents/My Tableau Repository was taking up 55 gigabytes!

I deleted this without hesitation.  Team-mates have reported 35 gigabytes and 44 gigabytes.  Realistically you only ever need the last few days’ worth of logs.

Keep this in mind as a location to target whenever you think your local disk is getting a bit too full

No comments:

Post a Comment